The Irish Society for Autism
As a charity seeking donations from the public, The Irish Society for Autism aim to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty, and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Irish Society for Autism.
We commit that you, our donors, and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of The Irish Society for Autism’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board, and that the board will always exercise prudent judgement in its governing responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured that your gifts will be used for the purpose of our mission statement.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the organisation will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are employees, volunteers, or third-party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be removed from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share its mailing list with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.