Understanding how Autism impacts the everyday communication of Adolescents.
Please read the below information regarding research that you may wish to participate in:
Claire Larkin and Eimear O’Flaherty are 4th year Speech and Language Therapy students in the University of Galway. The aim of the study is to explore and investigate how Autism impacts everyday communication for adolescents, and to discover how being Autistic can impact communication in adolescents from their own point of view.
The areas that Claire and Eimear are looking to gain further insight on include:
- The impact of Autism if any, on Peer relationships
- To explore the experience with Speech and Language Therapists, if relevant.
- The impact of Autism if any, on family relationships
- The impact of Autism if any, on social participation
- What makes communication easier or harder for the adolescent
If you and your parents/guardians are happy for you to participate in this research, Claire and Eimear are looking for participants between the ages of 10 to 19 years old who would be willing to engage in an interview over Microsoft teams that will last about 30-40 minutes.
For further information on this study, please contact: Researcher: E.OFLAHERTY12@universityofgalway.ie