- To give hope to all people with Autism and their families.
- Radically improve diagnostic services, assessment, care and treatment.
- Made educational systems more Autism friendly and individually focused.
- Ensure that services of excellence are available to all people with Autism who need them.
- Accelerate research into the prevention, cause and care of Autism.
- Above all to ensure that people with Autism world-wide are treated with dignity and respect.
Role Function and Activities of WAO:
- Giving a Voice to People with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Protecting and Advancing Rights
- Ensuring Appropriate Education
- Promoting Best Possible Practice
- Ensuring Appropriate Research
- Fostering a Welcoming Society
Specific Activities of WAO:
- Description of Autism
- Charter of Rights
- Prevention of Abuse
- Best Medical Practice
- Support for Local and Regional Action
- Congresses and Information
- Support for Developing Areas
For further information, please see the World Autism Organisation website.