Skip to content


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Home » Information – 2019 » FAQ’s » Access Services

How do I access Autism services and support?

If a child has been diagnosed as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder, the diagnostic report may outline certain recommended services and supports that the child should access, depending on the child’s individual needs. For example these may include attending speech & language sessions or occupational therapy sessions.

These services are available through the public system via the HSE, and are also available through some private practitioners.

To access services and supports that may have been recommended for a child in relation to their education, for example the need for an SNA or extra resource hours, the local Special Education Needs Organiser (SENO) should be contacted. For a list of contact details, see the National Council for Special Education website.